sábado, 7 de abril de 2012

TOO - ENOUGH: EXERCISES


TOO vs NOT… ENOUGH

too + adjective / adverb
not + adjective / adverb + enough

* We didn’t play tennis yesterday. It was too cold.
* We couldn’t swim. The water was too cold.
* I’d like to buy this jacket, but it is too expensive.

* We couldn’t hear the music. It wasn’t loud enough.
* We couldn’t swim. The water wasn’t hot enough.
* We need another ladder. This one isn’t long enough




After too and not … enough we can use the to-infinitive or for + noun / pronoun

                               * He’s too young to go to work.
                               * He’s not old enough for the job.






Join these sentences using too or not … enough.



a.- The parcel was heavy. I didn’t carry it home.

b.- Liz isn’t very strong. She can’t lift the bags.

c.- The dress was formal. She couldn’t wear it to the party.

d.- My daughter doesn’t feel very well. She isn’t going to school.

e.- I was tired. I didn’t prepare my lessons.

f.- Your bicycle isn’t very safe. I don’t want to ride it.

g.- She didn’t run quickly. She lost the race.

h.- You are young. You can’t see this film.

i.- The students aren’t working hard. They won’t pass the exams.

j.- The orange juice wasn’t sweet. I didn’t drink it

k.- We can’t go on holiday. We haven’t got much money.

l.- It’s early. I don’t want to go home.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario