jueves, 5 de abril de 2012

ADJECTIVE + PREPOSITION - GRAMMAR

ADJECTIVES + PREPOSITION (BÁSICO)

nice / kind / good / stupid / silly / intelligent / clever / sensible / (im)polite / rude / unreasonable OF someone (to do something):

Thank you it was very nice / kind of you to visit us.

nice / kind / good / (im)polite / rude / (un)pleasant / (un)friendly / cruel TO someone:

  Our teachers have always been very nice / kind to us.

angry / furious/ ABOUT something // WITH someone FOR something:

Why are you so angry about it?

They were furious with me for not inviting them to my party.

pleased / disappointed / satisfied WITH something:

I was pleased with the present you gave me.

bored / fed up WITH something:

You get bored / fed up with doing the same thing every day.

Grateful TO somebody

Grateful FOR something

surprised / shocked / amazed / astonished AT / BY something:

Everyone was surprised by /at the news.

excited / worried / upset ABOUT something:

Are you excited about going on holiday next week?

afraid / scared / frightened / terrified OF someone / something

Are you afraid of dogs?

proud / ashamed OF someone / something:

I'm not ashamed of what I did.

good / bad / excellent / brilliant / hopeless AT (doing) something:

I'm not very good at repairing things.

married TO someone

Linda is married to an American.

sorry ABOUT something:

I'm sorry about the noise last night

sorry FOR doing something

I'm sorry for shouting at you yesterday.

ABOUT suggest concerning, regret or disappointment. I am sorry about giving you bad news.

be / feel sorry FOR someone

I feel sorry for George.

famous FOR something:

Florence is famous for its art treasures.

responsible FOR something:

Who was responsible for this noise last night?

interested IN something:

Are you interested in art?

fond OF something / someone:

Mary is fond of animals.

full OF something:

The letter was full of mistakes.

keen ON something:

We stayed at home because Mary wasn't very keen on going out in the rain.

similar TO something:

Your writing is similar to mine.

crowded WITH (people,...)

The city was crowded with tourists.

Annoyed AT + ing

They were annoyed at having to wait

Annoyed ABOUT something

My sister is annoyed about the situation

Annoyed WITH someone

I am annoyed with everyone around me

Confused by / about something

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario